Loudoun Medical Group is pleased to offer the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit as a covered service to all Medicare and Medicare Advantage patients.
During this in person or virtual visit we will work with you to make a plan for how to stay well.
What is the Annual Wellness Visit?
- This visit is for talking with your healthcare team about your medical history, your risk for certain diseases, the current state of your health and your plan for staying well.
- We will measure your height, weight and blood pressure.
- We might refer you for screenings or services outside of the appointment.
How is the Annual Wellness Visit different from other visits?
- This is not the same as a yearly physical exam.
- We will not listen to your heart and lungs or check other parts of your body.
- You probably will not get screenings or blood tests during this visit.
- We would want to schedule another appointment if you are not feeling well or are concerned about a medical problem.
When do I get it?
You can receive a Wellness Visit (“Welcome to Medicare”) during the first 12 months you are enrolled in Medicare Part B. You can then schedule a Wellness Visit once a year.
Who pays for it?
- Medicare will pay for the Annual Wellness Visit so you will have no out of pocket expense.
- You might have a copayment for some screening services and follow up visits.
- If you receive additional tests or services during the same visit that aren’t covered under these preventive benefits, you may have a co-pay and the Part B deductible may apply.
Things to bring to your Annual Wellness Visit:
Please complete all the forms in this packet and bring them to your visit including:
- A list of the members on your healthcare team including any specialists.
- The names of your home health agency and medical equipment supply companies (ex. oxygen supplier).
- The names and locations of the pharmacies you use.
Please bring a bag with all of the medicines you take including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbals.
We look forward to working with you to make a plan to help you stay well!