Leesburg, Va. (February 6, 2018) — Loudoun Medical Group (LMG) is proud to announce the opening of the state of the art walk-in clinic, LMG Cornwall Urgent Care.
“On behalf of the entire board and staff, I want to welcome LMG Cornwall Urgent Care to Loudoun Medical Group,” said Mary Beth Tamasy, Chief Executive Officer of Loudoun Medical Group. “The addition of this practice strengthens Loudoun Medical Group by incorporating an outstanding group of health care providers.”
LMG Cornwall Urgent Care will be staffed with three caring and qualified providers, Carissa Dear, MSN, FNP-BC, Megan Floro, MSN, CRNP and Brittany McPartland, MSPAS, PA-C.
Carissa Dear, MSN, FNP-BC, a native of Northern Virginia with an undergraduate degree in psychology from Mississippi State University, Carissa attended Georgetown University where she completed an additional Bachelor’s and a Master’s Degrees in Nursing. She was inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, the International Honor Society of Nursing. Carissa is Board-Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner with 12 years of experience as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in Northern Virginia hospital emergency departments, urgent care centers and family practice facilities. She is a member of the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners with special interests in emergency care, infectious disease and pediatrics.
Megan Floro, MSN, CRNP, graduated in 2006 from the Franciscan University of Steubenville, located in Ohio, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. After working in several settings as a registered nurse, including critical care and emergency medicine, Megan attended graduate school to obtain a Master of Science in Nursing in 2010. She is a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner experienced in ambulatory care. Megan is looking forward to serving the community as part of the Loudoun Medical Group team.
Brittany McPartland, MSPAS, PA-C, is a New York native who relocated to Northern Virginia in 2014. Brittany received an undergraduate degree in Life Sciences from New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) where she was inducted into Phi ETA Sigma, National Honor Society. She continued her education at NYIT and received a Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies. Brittany received the prestigious NYIT Research Award, graduated with honors and her Master Thesis Project: Professionalism: Policy, Perceptions and Impacts was published. She is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant with three years of experience in urgent/primary care medicine. Brittany is a member of the Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants and the American Academy of Physician Assistants with special interests in urgent care and family medicine.
LMG Cornwall Urgent Care offers many services including:
- On-site digital X-ray and laboratory
- Diabetic Retinal Exam
- Wound care & wound closure via staples, Dermabond and suturing
- Splinting of simple fractures
- Incision & drainage of minor abscesses and hematomas
- Eye examinations with fluorescein and Wood’s Light
- Mole and Skin tag removal
- Diagnosis and Treatment of common primary/urgent care problems such as:
- URI’s, common colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, pharyngitis, influenza, mononucleosis, asthma exacerbations, UTI’s, otitis media and externa, conjunctivitis, corneal abrasions, migraines, gastroenteritis, and allergic reactions.
- Management of chronic medical illnesses including but not limited to:
- Diabetes mellitus, chronic bronchitis, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and thyroid disease.
- Pre-employment physicals and drug screens
- DOT Physicals
- Insurance Wellness Exam
- Work Related Injuries and Conditions
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Well-Woman Examinations and Gender-specific Health Concerns
- STD testing/treatment
LMG Cornwall Urgent Care is located at 211 Gibson Street, NW, Suite 215, Leesburg, VA 20176.