Loudoun Medical Group (LMG) , one of the largest and most diverse physician-owned, multi-specialty group practices in Virginia, is seeking a full time Oncology Nurse Manager to coordinate patient care in a busy cancer and oncology center in Leesburg, Virginia.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team.
- Manage nursing staff and pharmacy technician to provide optimal patient care.
- Review NCCN guidelines to determine proper use of medication.
- Order infusion medications and supplies.
- Review and prepare patient’s charts.
- Manage doctor’s schedule.
- Assist with insurance prior authorization for drugs and treatments.
- Assist with scheduling patient teachings, treatments and infusions.
- Act as a resource for doctors, pharmacists and authorization coordinator.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN required
- Minimum of five years clinical experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year management/supervisory experience in a medical setting
- EMR proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership experience, working collaboratively with medical leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability in process improvement to optimize clinic flow and operations.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Virginia.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
Loudoun Medical Group provides competitive compensation and benefits. This is a great opportunity to work for a thriving healthcare organization that employs over 250 medical providers throughout 23 medical and surgical specialties in over 120 clinical locations from Berryville to Alexandria.