Loudoun Medical Group (LMG), one of the largest and most diverse physician-owned, multi-specialty group practices in Virginia, is seeking an experienced Credentialing Specialist to support our busy Credentialing department located in our management services office in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all new providers that join Loudoun Medical Group are licensed and credentialed to practice medicine in the state. The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for processing the necessary paperwork to ensure that all insurance payers are able to process and pay claims under the provider. .
- Utilize the web-based system for tracking required license and hospital privileging to ensure new applications and renewals are submitted and completed in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to established procedures that ensure license and hospital privileging applications are accurately and properly completed, verified, and uploaded to the web-based system
- Prepare/Complete necessary forms, reports, lists, etc. to ensure accurate and timely payment
- Consistently demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior service
- Provide reports to department lead and other management staff on status of outstanding licenses
- Keep up to date with state mandated physician licensure policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and a minimum of one year of state medical licensing and/or hospital privileging requirements
- Proven track record of successful change and adoption outcomes with stakeholders and end user experiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies as needed