Loudoun Medical Group (LMG), one of the largest and most diverse physician-owned, multi-specialty group practices in Virginia, is seeking an experienced Medical Scribe to assist with patients medical charts and dispensing durable medical equipment. This is a full-time position that requires travel.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Dispensing sleep-related durable medical equipment (DME) to patients of a busy sleep medicine practice and sleep lab.
- Equipment dispensed includes CPAP and BIPAP machines, as well as all corresponding supplies and accessories.
- Duties also include completing set-up paperwork with patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with inventory/stocking medical supplies
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Professional attitude
- Must be able to work independently and with others
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Not required.
Must be eager to learn and trainable.
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical terminology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Availability / Commitment for at least a year is required.
Loudoun Medical Group provides competitive compensation and benefits including employer sponsored health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing healthcare organization that employs over 200 medical providers throughout 23 medical and surgical specialties in over 100 clinical locations from Berryville to Alexandria