Leesburg, VA 20176
A large medical practice is in search of an experience medical office manager.
- The medical office manager is responsible for the financial performance of the revenue cycle
- Supervision of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical records, billing and collection, data entry and processing, and cash posting
- Coordination of the day to day operations of the practice
- Promoting excellent customer service by all levels of the staff
- Develops, implements, and maintains office policies and procedures
- Interviews, hires, and trains a productive medical office team and conducts performance reviews
- Maintains and manages all filing and organizational systems for the practice
- Ensures patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and developing process improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensures staffing is appropriate for day to day operations
- Assists in special projects
- Assists in recruiting clinicians
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of billing.
- Knowledge of regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance.
- Human resources experience in hiring, supervision, and performance reviews
- Knowledge of HIPAA and labor law
- Strong customer service skills
- Skill in writing policies and procedures
- Skill in using healthcare software and computer systems
- Knowledge of maintaining supplies and equipment for the medical setting.
- Multitasking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Professional communication and presentation skills, including face to face, email, telephone, and video conference.
- Knowledge of continuous process improvement concepts and practices
- Ability to communicate professionally with clinicians, nurses, allied health staff, administrative staff, frontline staff, contractors, governmental agencies, insurance payers, patients, family members of patients, suppliers, and the general public, of all age levels from child to senior citizen.