Loudoun Medical Group (LMG), one of the largest and most diverse physician-owned, multi-specialty group practices in Virginia, is seeking an experienced Medical Scribe to assist with patients medical charts. This is a full-time position that requires travel and will be housed in Arlington (1 day), Landsowne (2 days), Chantilly (1 day) and Bethesda, MD (1 day).
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Not required.
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical terminology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Availability / Commitment for at least a year is required.
Loudoun Medical Group provides competitive compensation and benefits including employer sponsored health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing healthcare organization that employs over 200 medical providers throughout 23 medical and surgical specialties in over 100 clinical locations from Berryville to Alexandria